Saturday, February 23, 2008

Too much wine

Last night, I went to An Event/Fundraiser. We were all dressed up, and I thought I looked pretty good...then I saw a photo someone took! I hope to god it was the angle, but I looked puffy. It definitely made me realize that I need to spend more time on my arms!

Because the Event was last-minute, I had to spend most of my day getting an outfit together. Still, I knew I wouldn't have too much control over the menu (cream sauces ahoy!) so I made sure to work out before I left. I tried a new DVD through Netflix yesterday: Shape's Bikini Body Boot Camp "Transforming" workout. It has three different workouts on it, and I tried the strength workout. It had my heart rate up, and my legs are sore today. It's probably for the best that I hit the treadmill afterwards; if I hadn't, I think that I would be hobbling today.

I made 2 miscalculations last night: drinking too much wine and not having something filling before we left! Then, when we went out after the Event wrapped, I didn't grab water and a piece of fruit. It left me SUPER hungry later that night...and I ended up eating a cheeseburger from McDonald's. I haven't had one of those in years.

This morning's weigh-in was 151.6 lbs. It's sunny out, so I might go for a walk instead of going to the gym. Today, I want to go grab some food storage containers from Storeables or the Container Store so I can keep my whole wheat flour in an airtight place. (Did you know that whole wheat flour goes rancid after a while?)
The natural oils found in whole grain flours, including cornmeal, make them susceptible to rancidity. Store all whole grain flours in plastic bags in the refrigerator or freezer where it will keep for about a year. Keep it in bulk in an airtight container or place the entire flour bag into a ziplock bag and seal. To test if the flour is rancid, just smell it! If it is, throw it out.

So that's on my list; also on my list is grocery shopping. I want to try the spaghetti squash cakes from GreenLiteBites and also this little carrot salad I saw on KathEats. I need to run by TJ's to pick up some more of their fabulous nonfat greek yogurt, and I might get a new bag of whole wheat flour while I'm there.

No comments: