Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Something new!

Daily weigh-in: 153.8 lbs (I think this is temporary)

Instead of eating more quinoa for lunch, I made a carrot salad that I saw posted on KathEats. I realized that it wouldn't be enough for lunch, so I decided to shake things up and bring some Yo-Plus, too. We'll see how it goes.

Kickboxing was okay yesterday. I didn't have that much energy, and I'm still having some health problems. At some point, I realized that my hamstring was really sore--just on one side! I kept going but I was a bit more gentle than before. I've signed up for the Self Challenge and I'm going to try to do the strength workout today. I'll probably go a bit easy on myself because I don't want to be as sore as I was this weekend!

Breakfast was 1/2 a sourdough English muffin with 1 teaspoon of almond butter and a packet of Simple Harvest oatmeal. I gave and got a short nonfat mocha from the cafe; I desperately needed something chocolatey that I could sip. Lunch will be the carrot salad, Yo-Plus, and an apple. We'll see if that holds me, or if I need to add more protein to the mix!

I'm not sure what I'll have for dinner tonight. Last night I found my butternut squash soup a little lacking, so I cooked two sweet potatoes and mashed them in with the soup. I had 2 small bowls, adding different spices each time. I think I liked the curry powder concoction the best. I still have a ton of soup left so I might eat that.

No comments: