Wednesday, April 4, 2007

A so-so kind of day

Evenings are such a minefield. I respond well to schedules and being busy. Being at home with nothing to do but chores, I tend to nosh mindlessly. But tonight, I stopped before too much damage was done.

Again, I couldn't manage to rouse myself to get up for more than a twenty-minute yoga workout this morning. Someone has suggested that I schedule my workouts and post them somewhere above my desk, just to try and jar my brain into thinking of this as a duty, not something I can beg off. I may do just that. I also need to come up with a better incentive structure. Being a bit of a cheapskate, it is hard for me to promise myself pedicures, clothes, shoes and vacations with any degree of sincerity. Where's that altruistic, anonymous benefactor who will bribe me towards fitness? Do such kindly souls exist? Would someone actually give me a trip to Greece to celebrate reaching my goals?

Hello? Anyone out there? Nah, didn't think so.

No comments: