Sunday, April 15, 2007

If the way to hell is paved with good intentions, what about the road to health?

I think the answer to that one is patience. Patience and perseverance. Patience, perseverance, and surprise. Surprise and fear...wait, that's a Monty Python sketch!

I recorded a loss this week...and then I held my drink tickets for the Gala in my hand and thought, "Well, I need to get my money's worth, right?" Oops. So much for the low-calorie Diet Cokes I planned on imbibing. There's nothing worse for weight loss than alcohol, unless it is drinking lots of alcohol when you haven't had a proper, filling dinner.

And THEN someone mentions Tater Tots, the best drunk food ever. And you find yourself wondering who you have to beat up to get a plateful of Tots.

Yeah...this weekend didn't go so well. I had calorie-laden Long Islands, Tater Tots at 2am, and then a hangover brunch that involved chorizo and eggs. But I think I've relearned a valuable lesson--a lesson that I need to learn about once a year, apparently--about planning ahead. If I had thought to have a good meal before the party, if I had alternated alcohol with water, I would be much prouder of myself right now.

Beating myself up about this serves no purpose. Instead, I'm going to work on my homework and then go work out.

No comments: